If you’re looking for Obama facts, dates, positions and information, you’ve come to the right place. The following is an overview, providing the most pertinent information for anyone seeking facts about Barack Obama the man, or the President. Of course, we present these facts about Barack Obama with ToBeRIGHT style – lots of fun commentary…
Full Name: Barack Hussein Obama – Like Huckabee, I think this name should have precluded his winning the presidency all by itself. Who’da thunk it?
Also Known As: Barry Obama, Barry Soetoro – He was called Barry as a kid. Since his mother got preggo before getting married, and then remarried, then abandoned Obama, he’s gone by different names at different times and for different schools.
Date of Birth – August 4, 1961 – Insofar as we can tell. He looks about 49.
Parents – Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. and Stanley Ann Dunham – This is a biological fact only, see time line below.
Obama Personal Time Line:
- His parents married a month or two after he was conceived, in February of 1961. Either an “oh-shit” marriage or maybe shotgun style.
- Three weeks after he was born, his mother took him to Seattle Washington without his father. His parents were divorced officially in 1964. Nice father, eh? Turns out he was already married and churning out babies with another woman (women?).
- When he was 10, his mother sent him to live with her parents. Again, nice. I’m glad my Mom and Dad were married before I was conceived. And I’m glad my Mom didn’t send me away so she could live her life without me.
- During his teenage years, Obama smoked pot and did cocaine – he claims to distract him from his personal identity crisis presumably because first his father abandoned him, then his mother did the same.
- In 1979, we went to Occidental College in California. Strangely, he’s always talking about how his Mom was on food stamps and how he had to struggle so. So how the hell did he get the cash for Occidental? Columbia, Harvard? Inquiring minds would love to know.
- 1981 he transferred to Columbia University in New York, and graduated with a degree Political Science in 1983. Nobody has ever seen his admissions records, his transcripts, or identified how it was paid for.
- From 1983 to 1988 he held several jobs – mostly as a community organizer. Is that really a job?
- In 1988 he entered Harvard Law School, graduated in 1991. Nobody has ever seen his admissions records, his transcripts, or identified how it was paid for.
- From 1992 to 2004 he was a lecturer at the University of Chicago law school
- 1997 to 2004 Illinois State senator. It takes a TON of money and connections to run, even for State office. I guess he was well connected and well funded.
- 2005 to 2008 US Senator
That’s the basic run down on who this guy is. Now let’s look past personal Obama facts and into some policy and position facts. We’ll add some commentary in classic ToBeRIGHT style:
More Obama Facts
- Barack Obama is a spender. Beyond anything anyone has ever seen before. A little perspective: The total federal budget in 1999 was $1.7 Trillion. By 2008, Bush’s last year in office, the total budget was $2.9 Trillion with a $240 Billion deficit. Here’s a fun Obama fact for you: Since 2008 when Barack Obama became president, he has increased the deficit nearly 7 times! It went from $240 Billion, to $1.7 Trillion – in 2 and a half years.
- Another fun Obama factoid: According to CNN, in 2009 Obama said, “”We are going to ban all earmarks, the process by which individual members insert pet projects without review…” Then he went on to sign the famous “Porkulus Bill,” which had some 9,000 earmarks in it totaling more than $5 Billion in earmarks, for everything from studying the way pigs smell, to building turtle tunnels under Florida highways.
- According to the Washington Post, when Obama extended the Bush tax cuts for two years, he said, “”a package of tax relief that will protect the middle class, that will grow our economy and will create jobs for the American people.” But now, Obama says, “”In December, I agreed to extend the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans because it was the only way I could prevent a tax hike on middle-class Americans,” Obama said in his speech. “But we cannot afford $1 trillion worth of tax cuts for every millionaire and billionaire in our society. We can’t afford it. And I refuse to renew them again.”
- The Health Care Bill compels Americans to buy insurance from a private company. And this guy is supposed to be a Constitutional scholar? What’s next, mandatory health club memberships?
There are plenty more Obama facts to add. We’ll continue to add to this as a running update as time permits. I can only stand a small amount of Obama a day.
Update:Obama finally releases his birth certificate. Ugggh – it’s still dubious. First, all you need to do is open the thing in Adobe Illustrator to see that the paper produced by the WHite House is composed from multiple elements. I’m not sure why they would do that – scanning a piece of paper and creating a .pdf shouldn’t require creating layers. Be that as it may, let’s assume it is real. If so, why did Obama wait 4 years before showing anyone? Simple question, but an important one. Why? Because this has been such a huge topic for so long, wouldn’t a normal person just show the damn thing and be done with it? i would. My birth certificate is folded up in a file in my desk drawer. But Obama didn’t. Why not? There are only two possible reasons:
- Obama had some fact to hide that would only surface if he displayed his birth certificate
- There is nothing to hide at all, but Obama kept the controversy going for political reasons – keeping the notion alive that “birthers” are nut bags.
Like so much with this president, anyway you cut it it is bad.