Here’s what Newt Gingrich said about illegal immigration:
“If you’ve been here 25 years and you got three kids and two grandkids, you’ve been paying taxes and obeying the law, you belong to a local church, I don’t think we’re going to separate you from your family, uproot you forcefully and kick you out…”
Come on, Newt. I want to get behind you in this campaign, but jeez, you’re making it really hard. I wonder if Romney might just walk away with this by not saying anything resembling stupid liberal tripe. Mitt’s defense of RomneyCare is looking like a positive in light of all this, for crying out loud.
- Herman Cain doesn’t read, and will – admittedly – learn foreign policy on the job, by really smart people.
- Rick Perry is about is quick on his feet as Huckleberry Hound.
- Michelle Bachmann stepped into a closet and had a magician wave a wand. Where the hell has she been for the past 3 months?
- Ron Paul comes off as a crazy old coot, even if he is dead right on most policy positions.
- John Huntsman, well, who the hell is he? Best I can tell he’s a liberal plant.
- Rick Santorum is a quality guy, but he’s fighting abortion and gay rights issues, when nobody cares.
- Newt Gingrich is the policy guy. The idea guy. Okay, but he’s also the Pelosi couch-sitter, and now this.
- Then there’s Romney. One word: RomneyCare. Sheesh.
This election cycle is perhaps one of the most important in the past century. The battle against the socialists – communists – is taking place right here within our own country, and this mess is what we have to choose from?
Here’s the proper way to solve the immigration problem:
- Seal the border with troops.
- Anybody found knowingly hiring an illegal gets a $10,000.00 fine and 200 hours of community service per incident.
- Require proof of citizenship for any public service.
- Any illegal arrested is deported automatically. If caught again, put into the slammer for 10 years.
Problem solved. The money spent on deportations and jailing would pale in comparison to the dollars we spend on public services and health care for these national leaches.
I want illegals in the shadows. I want them fearing every step. Maybe if they weren’t so damn comfortable they’d go home.
Newt, you messed up. I was willing to overlook the global warming/Nancy Pelosi stupidity. I was willing to overlook your personal problems. But here’s where I draw the line. Ugggghhh! I want to scream!
Would some conservative please stand up and lead?
I swear I have buddies who are better suited to be President than this sorry lot.
Mr. Paul, I may be coming home…